PSV Eindhoven attacker Cody Gakpo admits that he will consider a potential move to Manchester United if they make an offer for his services in the New Year.
The 23-year-old, who has been strongly linked with a move to Old Trafford since the summer, has elevated his game to new heights over the past 18 months with the Eredivisie club.
Gakpo recorded 21 goals and 15 assists in 47 appearances for PSV across all competitions last season, and he has since contributed with 13 goals and 17 assists in 24 matches so far this campaign.
The Eindhoven-born attacker has also excelled on the international stage with the Netherlands at the 2022 World Cup, scoring in all three group games against Senegal, Ecuador and Qatar.
Man United were tempted by a potential swoop for Gakpo towards the end of the summer window, but Erik ten Hag's side eventually decided to sign Ajax star Antony instead for around £85m.
Fellow Premier League teams Leeds United and Southampton have also been credited with an interest in Gakpo, who is under contract at the Philips Stadion until June 2026.
A recent report claims that Man United are confident of striking a deal with PSV in January for Gakpo, who is believed to be valued in the region of £50m.
Gakpo has admitted that there was an element of panic when he discovered that a move to the Red Devils failed to materialise in the summer, but the Dutchman believes he is in a better position to cope with transfer speculation and will contemplate a switch to Old Trafford if he receives an offer.
"[The summer transfer window] was a tough period. I learned from that. I'm going to do it differently. What comes, that comes," Gakpo told Dutch news outlet NRC.
"Suppose you want to go from RKC [Waalwijk] to PSV, but that club is not coming. Then you can panic.
"I thought about Manchester United, but when that didn't happen, I couldn't remember. And I started to doubt. Leeds United did come. Should I go there?
"Now I wait everything. I haven't heard from Manchester United yet. When they come, I'll think about it. I also seek the help of God in these decisions."
Gakpo stated in a separate interview that he is currently focused fully on representing the Netherlands at the World Cup and that decisions over his club future can wait until the tournament in Qatar comes to a close.
"I have to be honest, I am not thinking about [my future at PSV] now," the attacker told The Athletic. "I am focused on the tournament and want to keep performing well, to keep helping the team.
"Hopefully when we become world champions we can think about other things. I try to keep focused and the other players don't really speak about that kind of thing."
Gakpo is expected to start for the Netherlands when they lock horns with Argentina in the quarter-finals at Lusail Stadium on Friday night.